Client
Comune di Firenze
duration of the works
12 months
Project
The Casino delle Guardie was built “for Chinese use” by Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo in 1796 on the design of Architect Giuseppe Manetti inside the Cascine park,
near the amphitheatre.
The building, abandoned for over 100 years, was in a state of serious decay but has now been completely restored both internally and externally, under the direct control of the Fine Arts office of the Municipality of Florence.
At the same time as the Casino restoration works, a masonry building was constructed to house toilets for visitors to the park.